Following your botox treatment it is important to follow these aftercare instructions to ge the best results. Smilepod dentist also invite you to come back for a free review within two weeks time so we can see how you are feeling. This could include a top up if there is any left from your treatment,
Azzalure® normally takes an average of 2 to 3 days to start working, although it may take a little longer for the full effects to be seen. The speed of action will depend on the strength of your facial muscles and your individual response to the injection.
We hope you will be delighted with your more youthful appearance. The results should last up to four months and then you might wish to return for further treatments.
What about side effects?
Like all medicines, botox can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. The majority of reactions are harmless and temporary.
You might feel a bit of discomfort as the needle enters your skin. Some clients will also experience bruising or bleeding at injection sites.
Very rarely, botulinum toxin may result in muscle weakness away from the site of injection. If you have any worries contact us and we will see you without delay.
Your aftercare tips
For at least 4 hours after treatment
- Keep upright
- Do not bend excessively
For at least 12 hours after treatment
- Avoid extreme facial expressions
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption
- Avoid wearing make-up
For at least 2 days after treatment
- Do not rub or massage the treated area, this may cause the injected solution to spread to nearby muscles
- After washing, pat skin dry very gently with a soft towel
For at least 2 weeks after treatment
- Avoid exposure to strong sunlight, very cold temperatures and saunas
- Do not have any beauty treatments on your face e.g. facials, facial massage
We recommend that you avoid alcoholic beverages and anti-inflammatory medications before treatment. For the best results, schedule a botox appointment at least 2 weeks prior to any special events.
- Quick, safe effective treatment for frown lines and wrinkles
- Works within a few days
- No downtime
- Can be done as a “lunchtime procedure”