Dr Gino Castro shares his tips to keep your smile stain free. Gino is a London dentist available in Soho or Canary Wharf.
Everyone wants a beautiful smile free from stains. I have prepared my ten top tips to keep your smile in shape.
1. Drink with a straw, so you keep staining drinks away from the
visible front surfaces of your teeth.
2. Avoid highly staining foods like curries. The deep pigmentation
(often Turmeric) can stain yellow teeth.
3. Try to reduce the amount of highly acidic Pasta sauces. Their bright
red colour have the tendency to cling to the teeth. This causes the tomatoes
in the pasta sauce to leave your teeth vulnerable to staining.
4. Balsamic vinegar with its dark natural colour and acidity causes a
lots of stain. It also sticks to your teeth, which can lead to staining if
it’s not quickly brushed or washed away.
5. Berries with a need deep colour for example, raspberries,
blackberries, blueberries and cranberries can cause staining, regardless of
whether they are eaten, drunk as juice or eaten as jam.
6. Before going out for a high staining meal think about eating some
dark green veggies, such as broccoli, kale or spinach as your starter to
create a protective film over your teeth. Finish your meal off with a glass
of milk or a serving of hard cheese, both of which will neutralise the acid
and strengthen your teeth.
7. Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a floride toothpaste.
8. Floss daily to remove any food between your teeth
9. Some mouthwashes will actually stain your teeth. These are
Chlorexidine based. Only used if recommend by your dentist.
10. Avoid nicotine and tar stains by stopping or reducing smoking.
Book Dr Gino Castro