Dr Daiva Pitkauskiene is Smilepod’s specialist endodontist and works from our Moorgate studio in the City of London. She is Specialist Clinical teacher at King’s College London, Guy’s hospital and the City of London Dental School.
Dr Daiva has extensive experience in treating and where necessary re treating teeth whose previous root fillings have failed. Her calm manner and excellent pain control techniques help her treat most nervous patients under local anaesthetic. However, when necessary, she can provide conscious sedation alongside our partners at Sedation Solutions for patients who would prefer to be sedated for the procedure.
Dr Daiva’s practice is limited to endodontics. Following treatment she will return your patients to your care for final restoration of the tooth. She can, if required, create a post space in the tooth or build up a core.
Dr Daiva is happy to discuss any cases before commencing treatment and always provides her referring dentists a full report after treatment is completed.
Referrals can be made using our referral form http://www.smilepod.co.uk/endodontist-referral-form/
As an endodontist she can help you and your patient with:
- Management of curved canals.
- Management of calcified canals.
- Retreatments (including removal of silver points if indicated)
- Cases involving endodontic treatment on teeth supporting crowns and bridges.
- Removal of fractured posts and instruments.
- Difficult access cases.
- Patients who require sedation. (working alongside Sedations Solutions our sedation partners)
- All our treatments are carried out using a microscope (Labomed) to aid the visualisation of the canal structures
- Digital X-ray systems (Kodak) to limit radiation exposure)
Endodontic Treatments at Smilepod
Smilepod Moorgate is in the City of London just a short walk away from Moorgate underground station.
Dr Daiva usually treats patients on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. If you have a patient who is experiencing extreme discomfort please contact us and we will try and see them sooner.