Want straighter teeth? Smilepod can help you achieve your dream smile.
Our Holborn Smilepod is set up to see more orthodontic clients. We have Dr Claudia Calleja who has a masters in orthodontics and is trained in everything from Invisalign to fixed braces. Dr Helia Barbeitos is also able to see orthodontic clients and both will be more than happy to discuss how best to achieve your dream smile.
Orthodontics is the speciality of the Dentistry that studies, prevents and treats the malpositioned teeth. Orthodontic treatment can help correct your teeth and set then in the right place.
Having the teeth nicely aligned in the arches improves the aesthetic of your smile, but also helps you keep your teeth and gums cleaner and therefore healthier. Having straight teeth makes it easier to use the interproximal cleaning aids, prevents plaque from accumulating as much and so reduces the risk of cavities and gum disease.
There are different types of Orthodontic treatments:
- The conventional fixed braces that can be either tooth coloured or metallic. These braces are suitable for almost everyone. They are attached to the vestibular surface of your teeth until treatment finishes.
- Lingual hidden braces, are fixed braces too but are attached behind your teeth. This is a good option if you don’t want the brace to show.
- Invisalign is the use of clear custom-made aligners. You replace your aligners every 2 weeks and your teeth move gradually until the end of treatment – typically around 16 months.
After any type of active orthodontic treatment is essential to wear some retainers, either fixed, removable or both to maintain the position achieved. Retainers are generally worn part-time (night time) for a long period of time.
The steps for your Orthodontic treatment are:
- Come and visit us in one of our Smilepod Studios to have a chat and see how we can help you and what type of orthodontics is best for you.
- Some xrays, pictures and impressions and needed for the records of the treatment.
- We are ready to start with your orthodontic treatment.
- Either if you decide to have fixed braces, we need to use you every 4 weeks approximately to adjust your brace if it is a fixed one or to provide with more aligners if have chosen Invisalign.
Interested in orthodontics? Book your FREE consultation with Dr Claudia Calleja today
Free initial consultation worth £45
During your consultation, our specially trained professionals will listen to you and advise on how you can achieve the smile you have always wanted. We will talk you through the Invisalign invisible braces tooth straightening system and discuss what’s right for you.