London dentists Dr Fernandes
You can see Zahra in our Holborn Studio
GDC Number: 265853
Client Feedback September 2017
”Excellent service, lovely dentist and very helpful reception staff.”
Teeth Cleaning, Teeth Whitening, Restorative Dentistry, Cosmetic Dentistry, Six Month Smile Orthodontics (cosmetic short term fixed braces), Root Canal Therapy, Extractions (including wisdom teeth).
Portuguese (native), English (fluent), Persian (fluent)
- Six Month Smile certified dentist -Birmingham UK (2017).
- Overseas Registration Exams – General Dental Council, London, UK (2016).
- Postgraduation Diploma: Advanced Clinical Endodontic Technology – São Paulo Association of Dental Surgeons. Brazil.(2013).
- Residency training in Oral Maxillofacial surgery, Orofacial Pain and Special Care Dentistry (Patients with Special Needs), Clinical Hospital/ Faculty of Medicine of the University of São Paulo. Brazil. (2011-2013).
- Bachelor in Dental Surgery (BDS) – State University of Sao Paulo, Brazil (2010).
After qualifying from State University of Sao Paulo in 2010 (one of the top Dental Schools according to the World ranking), Zahra started an intensive training at the largest Hospital of Latin America, in addition to working for private practices. Along with gaining experience in surgical procedures – such as complicated wisdom teeth removal – she also obtained her Brazilian specialist degree in Special Care dentistry focusing on patients with special needs. Zahra is a multitasking dentist, who enjoys doing a variety of dental treatments. She is passionate about Oral Surgery, Cosmetic Dentistry (such as whitening, white fillings and porcelain veneers/crowns) and Endodontics (root canal treatments). This is why after finishing her training at the hospital she started another course, this time focusing on new technologies used to treat root canals. When not at Smilepod, Zahra works for another private practice in London.
Zahra absolutely adores going to the beach! Travelling around Europe is her recent passion – she doesn’t enjoy long flights unless is absolutely necessary such as visiting her family in Brazil. She also loves cooking, watching Netflix series and sticking to a healthy lifestyle. Curiosity: although she was born and brought up in Sao Paulo, she is half Iranian, half Portuguese. Definitely a multicultural person!
Book an appointment with Dr Fernandes